Ripp
(.577 member)
14/10/09 01:00 AM
Early Season Snow and Pheasants...

Unusally cold and snowy here..opening weekend for birds and pronghorn...

Lots of birds in several spots..group of us got into some birds on the Saturday opener...

Ripp

500Nitro
(.450 member)
14/10/09 01:01 AM
Re: Early Season Snow and Pheasants...

Awesome. Love photos like that !!!

9.3x57
(.450 member)
14/10/09 01:59 AM

Great pic!

Cockbirds are a lot of fun, and tasty!

I built a pen and we raised them here on my place for a few years. Did a put'n'take each year. Rule was, if it was missed it wasn't followed up. We then got a bunch surviving...but not on my place!!!

Haven't seen many in a couple years.

AspenHill
(Sponsor)
14/10/09 04:00 AM

I raised three this year, a hawk killed them all. I will try some Swinhoe's pheasants next year. They sound sturdier.

Der_Jaeger
(.375 member)
14/10/09 05:28 AM

Very nice, Ripp!!! Were you hunting over dogs, or walking them up in the ditches? With a haul like that, I'd bet you were hunting over flushers.

SharpsNitro
(.375 member)
14/10/09 07:31 AM

Looks like you had a good day. What is the daily limit there?

Seeing the weather last weekend makes me glad I didn't go to S. Dakota, that's when I would have been coming back. It's a long enough drive without bad weather.

450_EXPRESS
(.333 member)
14/10/09 03:06 PM

Real nice bunch of birds. What is that laying in the foreground, in front of the fifth pheasant on the right-hand side of the pic?

Ripp
(.577 member)
15/10/09 03:51 AM

Quote:

Real nice bunch of birds. What is that laying in the foreground, in front of the fifth pheasant on the right-hand side of the pic?

actually a wing from birds that were cleaned by other hunters on the property...

Ripp

Ripp
(.577 member)
15/10/09 03:53 AM

Quote:

Very nice, Ripp!!! Were you hunting over dogs, or walking them up in the ditches? With a haul like that, I'd bet you were hunting over flushers.

We actually were hunting over German Wire-hair pointers..both of us have 2...have used them for years...just got another puppy (Kate) a couple weeks ago..

Ripp

Der_Jaeger
(.375 member)
15/10/09 06:00 AM

Very good, indeed! I knew you just got the cute little pup, but had forgotten you already had the other two.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com