Plains99
(.300 member)
31/12/05 09:47 AM
Re: Kodiak 12 bore data from shoot today

Too bad about the bores on the double. I was in Kansas City Cabela's over the holidays and looked at a .72 and was impressed with the way it was set up... much heavier than any of the Pedersoli double .50's, .54's or .58's that I've shot. The Pedersoli I'm using now is a .54 Dixie Jaeger and I'm fighting consistent ignition but the gun seems to shoot well enough. I was told by a company press relations representative for Cabela's that the .72 is the best seller of the Cabela's doubles. I was surprised about that. The thing about a lot of European muzzleloaders is that they do sit in stock for a long time before selling and are ordered in large quantities. Sometimes the worms do get to working on some of them. I'm sure my brand new Jaeger is at least a couple of years old. I had an Austin & Halleck inline (a good gun if you like the balance of the thing) that was packed full of cosmoline when I got it but never did group worth a darn and really had some rough rifling. It acted nothing like others of the same model. I've had some other Spanish guns that seemed to be more prone to rust than others just like them of the same model. Go Figure. By the way, Daryl, that is a lovely gun in the bottom photo. I have a .504 English Sporting Rifle with Laminate stock with similar lines and it is a joy to shoot.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com