szihn
(.400 member)
19/08/23 02:59 AM
Re: Barrels for sale

I have had a backlog of work running from 5 to 8 years long for many years now. I am in my late 60s now, and I can't see any wisdom in being in my mid 70s and still owing people guns. I quite taking orders about 5 years ago. I have enough work to go 60 hours a week (yes 60 hour weeks for me) for a few more years

I still have more work to do, but because I am not accepting any more new orders I think it's wise to allow some of the wood and barrels I have here to go to someone that will use them. All I have that is not committed to an upcoming build I am going to sell off.

In the days I have no backlog I'll build one at a time as and if I have the ability, but no more backlogs for me.

My last "order' is probably going to be a 50 caliber longrifle that I have started but the man who ordered it canceled that order due to a death in his family. So that one is up for grabs, and can be had in left or right hand flint or percussion, but the stock drop at comb is already cut out and the barrel inlet, so no options are available for caliber or drop at comb. That gun will now be at the end of my list, but at least it's on the list. (tell your friends 1 more can be "ordered" but only that one)

I intend to go kayaking in some waters I have never been to as a way to end my days in happiness if God allows it. So that's my plan for my retirement. Still build a gun now and then, and go kayaking both of which are contingent on still having a country in the next few years.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com