szihn
(.400 member)
05/03/23 01:01 AM
Re: S Zihn/ Sell 50 cal flintlock

Yes 93X64, it's Sugar Maple from Tennessee.
When hew was alive Freddie Harrison was a good friend of mine, and he was one of the largest purveyors of good wood in the USA cut for muzzleloaders. I used to get all my maple from him as well as some Walnut and a few Persimmon blanks too. This is one of the trees he cut. He contoured the barrel and inlet it and he also installed the butt plate. I took it from that point, and did all the rest.

Freddie and I did a lot of business together. When he was dying he gave me this set (wood and barrel + butt plate) and a few others to pay a debt for a few guns I had done for him. Money was all going to medical bills and so he had nothing left to pay me. I told him to just forget it and that I was forgiving his debt to me I said he should try to get better but he insisted on "paying" for the work and gave me some stock blanks and 2 "sets". This rifle is what came out from one of them.

A man named Jack bought it from me, but now he's in his mid 80s and he's never shot the rifle. So he told me to please help him sell it for him. He's in Lander Wyoming, about 55 miles from me.
So even though the gun was made a while back it's brand new and the only balls ever fired through it were the ones I shot in the zeroing process.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com