LRF
(.333 member)
19/12/22 11:51 PM
Re: Found 3 of these at the gunshow today.

Here is some hearsay rumors. Take them for what they are. I and my son are big into the high power rocketry business/hobby. We have a friend who is one of the larger dealers of rocket motors, both high power and BP motors. He has connections to Estes who bought out GOEX. Estes sent one of their people to Louisiana to rebuild the BP plant which had burnt. He said that he was amazed at some of the machinery which was over 100 years old but apparently had been doing the job. It has been a big job. The progress toward the rebuild is proceeding and they are thinking production will restart in the spring.
As you may or may not know Estes rocket engines are BP and they have a big need for it but you might not know that the US Govt buys a lot of it for the military and other uses. In fact the govt has contributed a fairly large investment in Estes to get the plant up and running. It's considered a strategic resource and local supplies are important.

Well as I said the above is just rumor until the plant actually starts again. I also suspect that it could be awhile until supplies reach us common folks.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com