lancaster
(.470 member)
27/02/15 06:55 AM
Re: Dangerous Muzzleloading Practices

Quote:

I think the thing is that the season arrangements were adopted long before the modern inline muzzle loaders came to promenance.
I would think that the DOW guys working on splitting up archery and ML from rifle never imagined that they would allow high velocity scoped guns in just because they happen to load from the front.
Just last night I hlanced at an article about the new Remington long range ML that uses a primer blank that looks like a shortened 308 and uses a rifle die to deprime and reprime them. The action looks just like a Remington centerfire rifle and I suspect it is.
If I use my Ruger No.1 in 50/110 with an empty case, pour the powder down the barrel and push a lead bullet down, does that make it a muzzle loader?

if remington makes so fine muzzle loader it could be they invent breech loader in the near future

in the 1860s-1870s there were such kits offerend in switzerland for using the than brand new breech loading military rifles again as muzzle loader. it seems this was a change not everyone believe in.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com