rpeck
()
23/04/14 05:20 AM
Perchtoldsdorf Jaeger "Stutzen" Rifle

My son recently purchased this "Stutzen" rifle at an auction in Western Canada and has asked me if I have any information about it. However, I don't know much about these muzzle loading rifles.

On top of the barrel it is marked "Dobias & Howsky"... (or perhaps Dobiaschowsky) "in Perchtoldsdorf". I understand that Perchtoldsdorf is in Austria.

The rifle is light and compact and in very good (very likely shootable) condition with an overall length of 39 in., a barrel approx. 23in. with 3/8 in. across each barrel flat, LOP is 13.5 In., Bore is approx. .50 in.

It has a beautifully made folding peep sight on the wrist. This sight is in excellent condition and smoothly adjusts for both windage and elevation. It also has an open sight on the octagonal barrel with one standing and one folding leaf. It has a horn muzzle cap on the fullstock, double set triggers, and very extensive checkering and engraving.

Any information that anyone can provide about this rifle will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com