TomN
(.300 member)
27/11/11 08:21 AM
Re: patch shape

Thanks I got red stripe and blue stripe the blue is about two times thicker then the red. I got some 690 balls and some more 715's with the 690 I had to use a blue and red to get a good seal with the 715 I could use only the red I gathered up as many patches as I could find and whail thay aren't burned through they do look a little frayed arown the edgees. This was with a lode of 100 grains 2f powder. bouth balls seamed to shoot good from each barell but the left barrell is crossing very bad. This wouldn't be a problun if I only wanted to shoot at 50 yards as all shots are in about 4 inches whitch would be of but I was hoping to be able to shoot to at lest 75 yards. Well I guess I will have to keep working on a lode that will shoot with only one site as I have a very good grope with using the reare site for the right barrell and the frount site for the left barrell they would be just about tuching still high but I can get a taller frount site to fix that. Thanks for the replyes it will make cutting the patches a lot easer.

TomN

Contact Us NitroExpress.com