Supercracker
(.224 member)
26/07/11 01:30 AM
Re: Black Powder PRB for Buff

I'm probably going to go with the 14. I will never hunt an elephant and while I do really want to go for Buff if I do it will likely only be a once or twice in my life thing. The majority of use this rifle will get will be going after rhino class boar at night. A 14 will be more than adequate for the biggest pig I'll ever run into. When night hunting being able to immediately put another ball into a fatally hit but currently only stunned pig is high up on my list. Tracking a wounded 300+lb boar through the swamp, at night is not high up on my list at all.

I've already started sketching this rifle out. I've decided to build it in the style of a mid 19th century German "Jaeger" rifle. Octagonal full tapered barrels, percussion, back action locks, horn trigger guard/grip, wooden patchbox, etc. While the English styled guns are beautiful, it's nice to have something different. I'm about 10% into a Double Barrel Flinter 12ga right now using a set of converted damascus barrels. The Double Jaeger is next on the list............right now.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com