DarylS
(.700 member)
08/01/10 12:36 PM
Re: Daryls paper patched RBs.

Note the lack of the raised steel around the nipple seat - actually just a bit left now on the outside. It could be removed farther, but isn't necessary. Note also, the ampco nipples - threaded 1/4x28. I re-threaded the metric seats Pedersoli had so I could use easily obtained nipples.
There are only 4 thin coats of "1850 Danish Oil" finish on this gun so far. 1850 Danish Oil is a blend of a thin varnish and Tung oil. It gives a harder, more water proof finish than straight Tung oil- which is the reason I chose it. 1850 Tung Oil also gives a nice finish.

The changes I made would be very easy for Pedersoli and would have turned out a more attractive rifle, in my most humble opinion - sometimes not so humble.

Further changes may or may not happen. The gun is useable as-is, with the stock finished, of course. Different sights will happen if I can find the right express sight. I'll lower the front and rear ramps about 1/4" as well. A bit more height could be removed form the comb too, allowing a heads-up hold for the lower sights.

No flash

Flash

Angled

Contact Us NitroExpress.com