Tatume
(.400 member)
26/10/08 06:04 AM
Re: Zihn/Rigby rifle

Quote:

I’m always open to suggestions for improvement, and I’ve heard good things about Hoppes #9 Plus. Among those of you who use this product, have you left a loaded gun for any length of time? I’m wondering if it will migrate to the powder, or dry out?

Quote:

Now 2.25" at 100 yds with a muzzleloader is VERY good, but you are correct in assuming it can get better.

Today I prepped this rifle for the upcoming ML deer season, and having been bothered about this exchange I was surprised to see it resurface at this time. Steve, I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm very pleased with the way the rifle shoots, and was not complaining about 2+ inch groups. In fact, the gun has shot as many groups under two inches as over.

Instead, I was asking about any words of wisdom in general, and about Hoppes #9 Plus in particular.

The average 100-yard accuracy this gun has produced is about two inches. You built it for me as a hunting gun, and it is the most accurate round-ball gun I've ever owned. If things work out, I have perfect confidence it will put venison in my freezer. Thank you.

Take care, Tom

Contact Us NitroExpress.com