9.3x57
(.450 member)
31/12/07 01:08 AM
Re: 98 & 96 actions for 9.3x62

Daryl, thanks for posting. Those peep sights are pricey and VERY difficult to find here in the USA, so if you our Northern Brothers can latch on to some thru this Tradex outfit, you are fortunate. The sight is very simple and useful.

I have never even looked up "Tradex" website as from all the good I've heard about it I don't think I really want to know WHAT they have for sale since I can't get any of it anyhow!! Grrr...

As for the weight, my rifle was light when I got it {the 94 action is much trimmer than a 98 and makes for a lighter rifle + barrel contour is trimmer}.

However, if you look at the comb in the picture, you can see that a lot of wood was removed. I totally reshaped the comb to make it suitable for left-shoulder shooting. These guns typically have knife-edge combs that even right-handers say bite the face hard, and since there is some cast-off on the stock, they REALLY cut & whack a lefty who has to lean a bit over the comb to get a good sight picture.

I took a hoof rasp to the comb and files, sandpaper and stock finish later it not only doesn't smack me but there is almost not recoil bit to the face at all, the sights line right up, and the rifle is that much lighter. I have done this to all my HVA's.

As a lefty, I like cock on closing, as the primary compression of the mainspring doesn't have to be overcome until the weight of the arm is behind the bolt in closing.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com