farshot
(.300 member)
09/11/07 03:14 AM
Re: BRNO Mod 21 and ZG47 questions

There are a variety of heights and ring styles available for the 19 mm dovetail. BTW -- the scope works and looks great, I like it a lot on my 8x60S model 21H -- i will send pictures to you when it is all back together.

Warne makes a good solid ring for the 19 mm dovetail - 30 mm or 1 inch, QD or not , in various heights. (Brownells sells them) Same as Lynx out of Australia -- do a google and look at their list, they are good rings / bases and come in all sorts of flavours. Lynx is also sold by B-Square out of Texas, but they usually do not have quite as extensive selection of BRNO rings in their line as direct from Lynx.

BRNO themselves makes excellent rings (although a bit pricy -they are ballistic tough) in various heights for the 19 mmm dovetail. They are actually relatively common in Canada.

Although Leupold and other makes have 19 mm dovetail rings - they do not usually have the heights available that you may need.

The good thing about BRNO / CZ rings and bases is that the lengths of the one piece bases are standard for each of the action lengths (more or less) and for the larger calibers, they are all the same 19 mm from day 1 to today. Once you have a set of rings - you know they will fit all 19 mm dovetails. Some come without bases, some with. Of course you may want a base to gain some height.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com