Rusty_Marlin
(.224 member)
24/08/07 10:03 PM
Re: Mauser 98 cocking piece peep sights

Bramble, I'm glad you like it.

CptCurl, I can do the install, but I don't do blueing, (just tossing that out there incase you consider it part of the install). I have little ones and they like to hang in the shop with me and I don't want the chemicals around them. So you're on your own for blueing, or I can send it out.

Double Trouble, Production on CNC? LOL, I wish! These are made on manual machines, a 1957 round ram Bridgy and a two year old Grizzly 13x40 Engine lathe. I used to live and breath CNC for my day job, I could do the G-Code programing, set up and running in my sleep, but the demand hasn't been high enough to pay for the set up. The entire sight could be made with a bar fed, live tool turning center all from the same bar. I have complete parametric models and prints, so it would be snap to program with a CAM system.
If the the demand rises, I'll definatly go that route, but for now they are handmade, lovingly, in small batches.

There's no need for wire cut on these parts, a turning center could knock them out easy.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com