zimhunter
(.333 member)
28/12/05 01:38 AM
Re: Pitfalls? - opening a FN Mauser for 375 H&H

I have a 375 on a Westley Richards single square bridge Mauser action that was originally a 318 Accelerated Express
that was opened up by WR for 375 at front. The 26" barrel was done by Dave Miller and has an integral quarter rib. Has a NECG front banded ramp and a barrel band front swivel (Gentry I believe). The quarter rib has been cut for Ruger bases so I could use a scout scope if I desired. This allowed me to keep the nice straight WR bolt handle that is engraved with a nice pattern. Timney trigger and the bottom metal is original Mauser 10.75 with hinged floorplate that has lever on floorplate. Makes for a SLIM stock and feeds perfectly. The wide box gives me 3 down for total of 4 which is enough. Curt Crum turned me a very nice piece of wood in his pattern. Original mauser safety. Has a brown Decellerator pad and weighs precisely 7 lbs empty. Not the most pleasant 375 to shoot but very quick and as accurate as I can shoot with Irons (one standing leaf rear with shallow V and 1/16" gold inlay,sighted in for 300gr Woodleigh's). Barrel has had extra lug installed and stock is fully glassed. Two crossbolts with ebony plugs and dowel thru pistol grip from bottom. Ebony forearm tip and grip cap. All in all it turned out pretty good.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com