Wedgetail
(.275 member)
10/09/23 01:17 PM
Re: 7x57 Type B Oberndorf style build

Thanks guys. Kind of like a long distance endurance race I guess…

Anyway the metal work may be finished, final cleaning up and tang filing excepted. Spent a while on the trigger and pretty happy with it - crisp 5.5lb pull on the unset front and a decent hair when set. To achieve this:
Built up the shroud to take the slop out to allow for a consistent cocking piece to sear height

Cut down a trigger, added a bit of (roughly) 1045

Welded a nut to adjust the depth of sear engagement, and formed the two lobes for the two triggers.

Unfortunately, once fitted up and tested front pull was 12lbs, and that was after I cut down the sear spring as much as I dared. So I swapped out the solid bit of the kick off piece for a 1/4” ball bearing. After polishing the lobes, polishing the receiver where the contact point is, hardening and replacing the pins with drill bit shaft, this reduced it to 5.5lbs

Pretty happy with its function now. Thoroughly tested operation with the bump test, repeated opening and closing of the bolt, trigger pull with safety on then releasing safety, all good. Think I can now move onto the stock

Contact Us NitroExpress.com