buckstix
(.400 member)
18/03/23 12:10 PM
Re: Would you believe I found this - A Johann Peterlongo 11.2x72

Quote:

Congratulations, Buckstix! You found a very rare, pre-WW1, rifle for the 11.2x72 Schüler cartridge still in original, unaltered shape ...... I don’t know what the “C322” on the bolt handle and “A.R.” under the barrel stand for.
Imho this rifle was built entirely in Austria, Innsbruck or Ferlach. As the Mauser patents were still valid pre-WW1, any gunmaker had to buy an action from Oberndorf first to build a 98 action rifle.

Hello kuduae,
Thanks for the reply.

Its hard to see in the picture .. the bolt handle number is numbered "6328" which does not match the rifle action number of "26311". However, there is a small number "10" on the other side of the bolt handle. You can see in the pictures the same number "10" on the bottom of the action and on the bottom of the barrel. There is also a number "10" on the wedge. The trigger-guard assembly is numbered "311" which matches the last 3 numbers of the action number. I added a picture of the magazine spacer which is made of steel, not brass like those on the Schuler made rifles.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com