Vintage_Canvas
(.275 member)
09/09/22 05:43 AM
Re: BRNO 8x60/8x68 question

Steve, this must definitely be a Brno model 21/22 if it has a spoon handle like the Mannlichers. The model 21 was build on a small ring action a copy of the mauser. The first models came without the dovetail grooves to fit scope mounts, but later change to dovetails for scope mounts. They came in normal rifle and fullstock, almost like the Mannlicher full stocks! Very light and perfect stock fit for snap shooting. The model 22 was a upgrade on the model 21, where the magazine top plate was smooth out so that you can close the bolt after the last round was ejected, and the bolt handle was bent at a lower angle to accomodate lower scope mounts! On the model 21 one need high mounts to fit any scope bigger than a old Weaver K series.
The model 21/22 only came in 5 calibres like jvw mentioned.
6.5x57
7x57
8x57
8x60
7x64
The last models that came out before the ZG47 had the new teardrop bolt handle, but otherwise it was the same as the older models.
I have al 5 calibres, and after my Mannlicher rifles is my favourite hunting rifles! See some photos of my Brno model 21/22's
Ooo, and they all have double set triggers.Also the build quality on these old Brno's is so good!!
Enjoy

Contact Us NitroExpress.com