lancaster
(.470 member)
29/04/22 05:55 PM
Re: Mauser FR8

get the rifle from the gunmaker just right before the 1. of may, start of roebuck saison.

it was 3 years now that I bought the last rifle on licence - damned corona!

the rifle shows no tear and wear from a former military career so it was probably only in storage for the cold war.

rifle looks like new, it got a set trigger in 1995

all components bought blind before were the right one. the WW 2 german side mount and with the 25 mm scope tube were probably the only one dealing with the Cetme style rear sight.

the side mount was made for a 26 mm tube, the scope tube is 25 mm so my gunmaker use thin copper sheet

the rifle will be sighted for Lapua Naturalis factory ammo lead free, 170 grains bullet, 308 Win.
Vithavuori gives 42 grains of my favorite powder N 140 reaching the same 800 m/sec like the Lapua factory load.

order also bullets for load training ammo, here in in once fired PMC brass. and then there was the 1990s 7,62 Nato brass I reworked. got surpluss bullets, once loaded, for 13 cent and with a new suply of berdan primer the rifle can be shoot now cheap. hope I find a load that fits the naturalis at 100 meter.

proofed in Suhl in april 1995

with the walnut stock and the political correct scope mount ( I hate most post ww 2 mounts)would call it a classic.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com