mckinney
(.400 member)
07/11/21 11:37 AM
Mauser sporter prices

It looks like prices for original Oberndorf Mauser sporting rifles are holding up very well. I followed the Poulins auction online for awhile today hoping to pick up a very nice Type K in 8 x 51 caliber. It would have been a great companion piece for my Type M in the same caliber, or I might have sold the M and kept the K.

The hammer price for the rifle was USD 8,500 or very close to 10K with commission and sales tax, so I didn't buy it, and if I had bid it might have gone even higher. But - at least we know the values are holding up, especially for the Kurz action pieces, the Africa Model, and the magnum action rifles. Actually they're probably holding up well across the board. They might even keep pace with current inflation. This is also true of prewar Rigbys and Jefferys but seems to be a little less true with custom rifles built on original Oberndorf actions, such as Griffin & Howe and Hoffman Arms.

It seems that elegant design, strong actions, and great utility in original prewar factory made rifles is still a very desirable combination.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com