rgp
(.333 member)
11/08/05 02:14 PM
Re: Quality of Empire Rifle Co. Mausers?

I also like to know what parts are in my rifles and if they are made by the maker or if a job is farmed out to someone else. I am not picky about it but I still like to know where everything was made and who built what.

Prechtl's site (the golmatic link as posted by 500grains) has a page here Mauser Action Technical Detail - English indicating what they (or the Lithuanians) do different with the Prechtl/Weinheim actions and the changes appear to be actual improvements. If Johannsen is getting the same actions then I would think that Johannsen rifles would have the same improvements, because most of the improvements mentioned appear to be things that have to be done when the action is initially built rather than added on later. This action is also a hair under 3 lbs, whereas the Granite action weighs 3.9 lbs, so a rifle from Prechtl or Johannsen could theoretically be built a full pound lighter than a rifle built on the Granite action. Prechtl specifically mentions altering the specs on the bolt and receiver to smooth the bolt travel.

I haven't seen any similar details on the Vectors or Granite actions yet but I think the Granite action may be larger than a normal Magnum Mauser. All that I've seen on the internet regarding the Granite actions is this:

Richard.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com