ColoradoMatt1
(.300 member)
16/03/21 12:58 AM
Re: Rigby Big Game Vintage 416

Thanks for the info, John! I sent an inquiry email to Rigby. My son starts college next year. When he’s done, I’m setting my sights on one of these. The Boone and Crockett club is Auctioning off one these on Gunbroker. That is what brought my attention to this new offering. The starting Auction price is $12,500. I doubt this Auction is widely known to potential buyers. There is six days left to bid with no bids, yet. Maybe some Nitro Express members would be interested, and if one of us wins the auction, they can give us the rest of us a full rundown on the rifle. The auction states that the actual rifle won’t be completed until this coming July 1st. Perhaps this will allow the winning bidder to choose some special options. If it were me, I would ask if a stock blank of lighter weight wood could be chosen, as I would prefer a finished weight around 9 and 1/4 to 9 and 1/2 pounds. Choosing the light contour 22” barrel would help in this regard, but I would personally prefer the light contour 24” barrel. Several years ago, before Rigby was reconstituted in London, I attempted to have a former member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild build me a facsimile of Harry Selby’s Std 98 416 rifle. I was taken for a ride, so to speak, and lost several thousand dollars, with nothing to show for it. I am very pleased to now see this “Vintage” option from Rigby. I only wish such a rifle had been offered fifteen years ago. Here is a link to the above mentioned Auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894062005

Contact Us NitroExpress.com