NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/10/20 06:58 PM
Re: The Mauser M03

Quote:

Probably old ''News'' ,but I only just found out the M03 has been discontinued ,maybe not selling enough ? or getting too expensive to produce ?, or both maybe .They will concentrate on the cheaper Models and keep the much more expensive M98s ,hmmmm ........ ith ought they were good myself, but had to sell mine .

Damnation. But one could see this writing on the wall after the L&O group severely downgraded the choices and range of models, barrels, calibres, etc available for the M03.

They seem to be making the Mauser a economy brand, rather than what it should be, a premium brand. Selling M98s still but mostly cheaper model new Mausers.

Pushing the Blaser brand instead, a plastic fantastic brand, glitz and little style.

Meanwhile L&O is closing a German factory for handguns.

Something is wrong with firearms in Europe. Probably the fashion to buy over complicated finicky rubbish.

At least Rigby under Marc Newton is streaming ahead and keeping up the brand and quality.

Got straight onto OSA to see about a warranty repair on my M03 .222 Magazine, and also any mounts, bolt heads, even barrels still available. Possibly only barrels. Not sure if I could afford one ATM.

But this sums up an issue. Buy and use M98s and you will always still be able to get mounts, barrels etc. And have a great rifle design to boot.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com