NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/03/19 07:44 PM
Re: The Mauser M03

Hi NEers,

One thing that prompted me to start off this Mauser M03 thread was not admiration but the opposite!

A South American member and I have been corresponding. He asked me various questions about the M03, a rifle which he is considered purchasing.

During those questions and from his comments I had a look at the Mauser website. The considerable reduction in options for the M03 and also other rifles is a bit shocking.

I would have trouble purchasing a rifle from the current line up.

The barrels for standard chamberings are now all 22 inches. The magnum offerings are all only 24 inches. The better "African" barrel option ie barrel bands, muzzle band and better express sights are not offered at all.

More calibre cartridge chamberings have been culled. For example the 6.5x65 is no longer available after it itself replaced the 6.5x68. Now only the 6.5x55 is listed. The 8.5x63 is gone as well.

The number of models is also severely rationalised. Now there is only "American classic" typed stock Pure and Expert. Plus Extreme and the ultra ugly Trail.

The website, new and praised, is also far less informative. Doesn't properly listed options for mounts, accessories, and one must search the "downloads" to see a 'chart of options' for the M03 and the other models, to see what sort of limited options are now offered.

When the Bean counters of the L&O group take charge.

There is similar limited reduced offerings for the Mauser M98 rifle.

Probably the cheapo ex-crap M12 and M19 new models are expanded. Aiming at an overpriced rifle models, with little appeal for the price.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com