CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
26/02/19 12:31 AM
Re: The Mauser M03

Quote:

BTW poor CptCurl lowered himself to carrying that plastic abomination in .404 Jeffery during his time here.

. . . As in the end, we did not even fire a shot in the NT . . .

Curl I think weighed my .450 Jeffery in his hands and decided the much lighter plastic fantastic .404 was better to carry.

But sad when a fine old vintage double rifle man can't carry and use of his own excellent rifles. Bureaucrats whether professional bureaucrats or amteur ones are the rejects and fun police of the world.

. . .

I was favorably impressed with the Mauser 03. This was the first, and still the only one I have seen. I think it carries much lighter than the .450 Jeffery, as stated. It also freed me from any fear that I might stumble and fall on the beautiful Jeffery rifle. Just don't ask me how the Mauser 03 shoots. Dunno!

And I'm not quite the purist that John proclaims. I have a few plastic rifles myself. One is a Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless chambered in .300 WSM. It sports a black Tupperware stock and a big Leupold scope. It's deadly accurate, but it has no soul. Stainless and plastic!!!

I also have three ARs with quite a few uppers to choose from. I like them even though they also are godless.

Finally, let me say this without reservation. I don't think I would have had any more pleasure on my SA - NT trek if I had carried a H&H Royal Deluxe and had we bagged a dozen assorted feral critters. It was a trip without comparison and great company. I still owe John and the forums a write-up of our trip. If I weren't a worthless lazy turd it would have been done.

Man, we covered some miles (err ... kilometers)!!!

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com