MikeRowe
(.333 member)
04/09/18 11:03 AM
Re: A question for the Daniel Fraser experts. Caliber specific.

I have a Fraser .360 x 2 1/4" NE round in my collection, loaded with Fraser's Oblique Ratchet Bullet.
The bullet has a large exposed soft point, which has a small wax filled hollow point, and the six oblique slits in the envelope. It weighs 294 1/2 grains, and was probably a 300 until the hollow point and slits were made. The slits will drop about two grains off the bullet weight, I know this having done a lot of them with a special fixture I built to do the job. Unfortunately, I have no record of the cordite charge weight from this particular cartridge.
Performance on deer sized game with Fraser's bullet at the moderate velocities these cartridges generate can best be described as spectacular. I killed a buck last year with a 400/360 Fraser single shot, using a PRVI 285 grain bullet "doctored" as described above. At 35 yards, the deer dropped on the spot, and the exit wound was 2 1/2" across. I fired an unmodified bullet at the same range to finish him, and there was no expansion in 15" of penetration.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com