szihn
(.400 member)
10/08/18 01:39 PM
Re: M46 9.3X57 Husky

That is probably true LSHopper, but no old Mauser is highly collectable or valuable....until it is!

The reason they become that way is from people modifying originals and making the ones that are still 100% original rare.

So I still think I will go forward and just make myself a new stock. Stocks for the 96 style actions are fairly easy to make. I can have the barreled action inlet into a blank completely in only one day. I will then do the shaping and turn the blank into a stock that fits me, in the days after between other jobs.

If and when I (or my wife, --- after I am gone) wants to sell the gun, it would then come in 100% original condition and they will get the new stock too.

I think I'll follow the old lines loosely, but make the new stock with a very large butt plate or pad, and add a low pancake cheek piece. I will make a new grip cap and probably inlay an ebony diamond into the schnable. I will follow the lines of the barrel even closer then Husqvarna did at the top edge of the forend. I may checker it on the grip and forend both.

I don't have a lot of "extra time" because of my back-log, but I can "fudge a few extra hours" in the coming year I suppose.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com