szihn
(.400 member)
09/08/18 03:32 AM
M46 9.3X57 Husky

I have a Husky M46 and as all of them are, the LOP is very long. Too long for me to shoot well. I like my rifles to be cut to a 13.3 or 13.5 inch LOP.

However..........the Husky is 100% original and in very good condition, so I am highly reluctant to cut off the stock and install a new butt plate or pad. I have no reservations about modifying old Mausers that come to me in "already cut condition' but this old gun is as it left the factory.

So I have some choices:

A. sell it to someone who is either a collector, or a shooter who has long arms and likes a 14-3/4" LOP.

B. Say "to heck with it" and cut it off to fit me

C. Look for a stock that I have no bad feelings about cutting off and keep the original stock so I can put it back to 100% in the future should I desire to do so.

D. Makes a new stock by hand with my 13.3" LOP and do it up in a classic style with a large wide butt, cheek piece, pretty diamond inlay in the schnable and a horn or ebony grip cap.

So I thought I'd put out the info and ask if anyone has a stock that needs a home, or if anyone out there is interested in buying and then make an informed decision as to what the next step should be

Contact Us NitroExpress.com