szihn
(.400 member)
07/05/18 09:38 AM
Re: Why do you like the Rigby Mauser in .275?

Whats not to like?

I don't have one any more. Brother-in-Law beat me out of the one I had (98 Mauser made by me, In Rigby style) but he thinks it's outstanding, and never has had a single bad thing to say about it. It's his "only big gun" and he doesn't think he ever will need anything else. Between a Remington 22-250 and the Mauser in 7X57 he is pretty much set for his life. He's a rancher and doesn't hunt out of state, and is not a "gun-buff", but loves his 2 rifles and sees no reason to get anything else.......... ever. He buys factory WW 22-250 rounds, and every 10 years or so he asks me to reload his 7X57 brass. I load them with the 160 Gr Nosler partitions and he shoots every thing with those from coyotes to elk. (only 1 elk so far) He's also killed cattle and horses with it on the ranch.

I owned it for a few years and it worked on every animal I ever shot, and I never had to shoot twice.

In all fairness that was only 6 animals, but I respect the 7X57 (by it's German, Irish or English name)very much. I used 160 and 175 grain bullets.

My kills, other then a few coyotes, were 4 nice buck mule deer and 2 elk.
3 deer with 160 grain Nosler partitions. One deer and one elk with 175 Gr Nosler Partitions, and one elk with 175 Grain Hornady Round Nose.

Can't say a bad thing about the gun or the round.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com