NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/03/18 05:04 PM
Re: The Rigby Highland Stalker rifle

Quote:

I have wondered who Rigby's target audience is regarding this rifle and have come to the conclusion that it is not rifle enthusiasts like us but cashed up newbies. The popularity of deer stalking has increased dramatically in the UK as well as in most places around the world and while most people will buy a Sako or Blaser etc. there will be those that have a good job and reasonable amounts of disposable cash, and can afford $12000 without having to have a savings plan. They have a basic understanding of the Rigby history and like the image it portrays. They probably also know of Holland & Holland but do not want to spend 40000 pounds plus to own one and therefore the Rigby is ideal. I also believe that most of these new Rigby Highland owners are not the type to have a lot of guns, probably just the Rigby, a shotgun and a 22. Is that bad, no not at all, but I believe that is why the Highland Stalker is selling like hotcakes even though it doesn't excite the gun enthusiast.

.... I believe the same type of customer is buying the Highland stalker. IMHO of course.

"I wonder" "I believe" "IMHO"

Yep, lots of musings with no ideaFI.

And all that irrelevance about Blaser. Mauser calls the shots at Rigby.

Rigby is selling a multiple of firearms, of a prestige value, of what probably the rest of the UK prestige industry is selling. I have a rough idea of what Rigby sells, and a rough idea of the sort of very low numbers the big nanes sell. From 2x to 4x is my estimate.

Rigby is really excellent at marketing with the people having a genuine interest in Rigby, its history, making an extra effort, fantastic theme gun and safari show stands, friendly and interesting people and a great product.

Sure you don't like the barrel profile, that's your choice. Hundreds of happy customers do like it. I can guess why it has the choice of barrel.

Yes it is high priced for us normal guys. No need to knock what you can't afford.

BTW we had another big name UK maker recently here on NE, with a very "untypical" rifle and many raved about it ...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com