Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
10/02/18 11:08 AM
Re: James Purdey and Sons

Quote:

Looks like some of the ''Customs'' you see on ''Used Guns '' for 600 Bucks, built on a Ex Military Mauser 98

I actually have to agree with that statement. The stock looks strange IMO. It really does not look like a Purdey. I have never seen a real Purdey rifle in the flesh but I have seen several in pictures as well as in catalogues and they are beautiful rifles in every sense. Very classy and stylish. But this long range gun is a bit of a mystery, an engraved London Best with no open sights which sort of looks very naked especially with that long barrel. It is as if Purdey have seen the success that Rigby are having with the Highland Stalker and have tried to get in on a popular segment of rifle sales, long range shooting, albeit at a much higher price.

Strangely their website has two sections for bolt-action rifles, one for the "New Bolt-Action" and the other for just "Bolt-Action" but both show the same gun but with different pictures. I would be surprised if they still didn't make an original style gun with open sights although at a higher price again.

Waidmannsheil.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com