colonelc
(.224 member)
01/12/17 06:35 AM
Re: Offered a rare one?

Hello Gentlemen,

Thanks for letting me into your group.
I am not a collector, but I do have a collectors rifle which I would like to sell. The rifle is all original with matching serial numbers. I am not trying to get rich, just make a fair deal.
There is a lot of information, and images, on the Gunboards forum which TN_Longhunter referenced above.
What I do know:
* There was an 8x60 Mauser for sale last March at Julia's. Estimated value $6500-8500.
It had been "customized". Not a Kurz, not an M type.
http://jamesdjulia.com/item/1624-391/
* There is a Kurz Mauser currently for sale on Guns International for $6500. Also looks to be customized, not an M type.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100948338
* On lancaster's thread "Mauser rifles at auctions", which has been going for some 5 years now, I did not see one Kurz in 6.5 x 54 M type which was not molested. (just a quick scan)
* From an expert that you all know, Kuduae: "Yes, it is an M type on a short Mauser K action (kurz = short), about the rarest type of commercial Mauser sporters."
* From Christie's in 2015, "It has been a number of years since I last encountered a Kurz in such original condition. It is most certainly a collectors piece rather than an active shooter as the 6.5x54mm calibre does not lend itself to a ready supply of ammunition. By way of current auction estimate, I suggest a published estimate of GBP £4000-6000 (approx. USD $6000-9000
at current exchange rates).
* From Holt's in 2015, "Ah – if it’s a Kurz action that makes a world of difference....from an auction perspective we are more in the £3000‐5000 area. We had one some years back, which sold on the hammer at £4300." and "Only approximately 200 hundred Kurz model rifles were made with full length stocks."
* From Julia's in Dec. 2014, "we are in agreement that the proper conservative auction estimate for this rifle is in the $4000‐7000 range. There is no ceiling on how high the rifle could go with spirited competitive bidding."

I would be glad to answer any questions, especially if you might be making a serious offer.
Also, how do I post images here? I'd really like to photograph and post an image of the bore. My Grandfather and Mother took great care of this gun.

Would make a nice Christmas gift for a Lady Shooter!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com