lancaster
(.470 member)
19/11/17 05:17 AM
Re: Mauser rifles at auctions

Rigby in 7 mm Rem Mag
https://www.dorotheum.com/auktionen/aktu...age=3&img=2

google translator
Rigby & Co. - London, Mauser System 98, cal .: 7 mm Rem. With Holland & Holland barrel and original certificate from Rigby, No .: 66937 (5377), barrel length: 620 mm, rifle trigger, wing guard, flat abutment with ball handle, the steel parts labeled, the barrel labeled with: "Holland & Holland , Burton Street, London "'7 mm REMINGTON MAGNUM' and British bombardment, express sight with two hinged visor blades with inlaid silver thread, the Mauser system originally from military production, the system sleeve labeled with:" SIGHTED FOR RIGBY'S SPECIAL HIGH VELOCITY .275 BORE CARTRIDGE POINTED BULLET 140 GRS ", on the left side an EAW assembly, assembled ZF 'Bushnell' Trophy XLT 3-12 x 56, Section: 4a, with working lights, height and side adjustment, Butler Creek flip-up lens and eyepiece, 30 mm main tube made of light alloy, nutskin with round pistol grip, fish skin, steel butt plate, swivel handle, monogrammed plate upper side with 'IA', used, good to very good He condition, inside mirror-like, needs cleaning, blackening in good condition, slightly stained or shiny at the edges, shaft with traces of wear, no valid bombardment, collector's weapon, with original Rigby A + M certificate

According to the last owner, there is the following story about this rigby: "In July 1929, Rigby delivered to the British officers Major Ian Anderson and Jim Corbett, who were hunting friends, the identical guns in caliber .275 HV This Rigby Snr: 5377 was added The many hunts in India have been successfully fought against ogre tigers, as described in the book 'My India' After independence from India, both officers were sent to Kenya and the Rigby 5377 remained in India at the Maharajah of Gujarat! My father, Dipl.-Ing. Heribert Michlmayer from the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, was sent to India to cultivate several fields provided by the Boku Maharajah for the cultivation of cucumbers, since there were several tigers in the area at that time who abducted and devoured people from the villages, the maharaja asked my dad to kill them with this rigby and from these For the reason my father got the Rigby as a gift after his death! It was proven that my father and I killed 3 tigers and 2 leopards with this weapon. The aforementioned Major Ian Anderson is also the great-grandfather of Ian Anderson, bandleader of the famous group Jethro Tull. "

Contact Us NitroExpress.com