NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
26/04/17 04:00 PM
Re: mauser maximum

Quote:

Since guns are one of my investment tools I've slowly been acquiring mausers, mannlicher,merkels and enfields.ive noticed as per Gunshop and gun broker I can buy mauser 98 sporters for 200 to 500 in basic calibers 30.06 or 270 while anything that says Gibbs Richards or Jeffery u can add a 1500$ to it.so I've decided to rebarrel all them to British exotics .the barrels and there fitment cost the same.so the question is what are the biggest cannon shells I can put in a standard Length action?already have a 318 Westley Richards in the works a p17 going in 416 Rigby and an other in 375 hh and plan on another 505.as far mausers will 404 fit?

I don't know about the USA, but my observations in Australia fron selling websites is that usually the custom rifles are being sold far cheaper than what I would think they would cost to have made. Maybe some Aussies disagree with this or not? Happy to hear their comments.

This is different to classic firearms made by classic makers in original or refurbished form.

A personalised customised firearm made for someone elese, ho hum. OK if made nicely and to a useful form, but not worth untold thousands to me or anyone really.

A classic Rigby, H&H, WR, Jeffery, Winchester etc increases in value due to the collector market, whether users or safe queen horders.

JMO.

I think I will make some money when I die and my firearms are sold.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com