Claydog
(.375 member)
29/03/17 09:09 AM
Re: Jeffery Mauser 404

IOWA 303 I have owned it for a few years now and use it as my back up rifle when guiding. It is perfect for that pastime because it is fairly light weight and very comfortable to carry over a distance. I would be surprised if it was much over 8 pound. Fits me well and functions as you would expect it too. I have lost it off the side of the toyota and had to back track with the GPS to find it, fallen down the side of an escarpment with it that I had no business climbing and even fire it at times. I had one serious charge from a wounded bull last year that it stopped and a number of wounded animals that it spined as they were heading for parts unknown so it gets a fairly good work out and is under no circumstances a safe queen.

Daryl you are correct on the case. It is padded canvas and the rifle goes in and out all day when I am hunting. I would say I am responsible for a lot of that wear.

Mike Pugwash gave me the contact I have now and is a different name to the one you noted. The email I received from them yesterday was a W J Jeffery email address that said they have asked a colleague for the records and will come back to me as soon as possible so I will kick back and see what happens. Like I said many thanks to Pugwash, owe you a carton my friend. At least.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com