NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
23/03/17 09:46 PM
Re: Something different - Rigby's "Elephant Gun"

Rule303, it is pretty noticeable some seem to look only for negatives.

As for influence, NitroExpress.com did influence the creation of the London Best Classic or Vintage rifle "range". As they are actually custom made, not so much as a range though as orders by the well heeled customers who can afford to have the extra work done, to create an more vintage style of rifle.

As I posted elsewhere, the whiners and whingers just need to open their wallets if they want what they want. And that is from makers such as Rigby, Dorleac and others. The semi "off the shelf" rifles prices reflect quality, but not every last detail.

Or just buy at an auction an original vintage rifle. Once the prices were quite reasonable. But prices I have seen in the last few years have been high. Maybe I am incorrect, I am not in the market whether they are reasonably priced or priced higher so don't follow the market well enough to know.

Back to the Elephant rifle. It was undoubtably made as a statement. To showcase the makers gunmaker skills, and incredible artistic design and application. The patience required to completely engrave the rifle with an "elephant hide" pattern astounds me.

Would I ever want one like it? No. I would like an opportunity to admire and examine such a rifle. I too prefer working rifles of plainer style. And also as I tend to abuse my firearms in the field with real use.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com