MMBA
(.275 member)
23/03/17 10:27 AM
Re: Something different - Rigby's "Elephant Gun"

John, I have reviewed the 'gentlemanky' code of conduct and in that spirit withdraw 'the rifle has the pox' - too exuberant it seems.

Art or Artifice? The rifle, and similar ones, are proposed as works of Art and please keep them coming even though the response does not meet your opinion on Art. Discussing Art must be subjective - beauty in the eye of the beholder. Art is not about agreement, I suggest, and the gentlemanky code implies that 'pissant' should not be used on those disagreeing with your taste in 'absolute work(s) of art'. BTW where are others praising the Art in question?

So the engraving is, ummm - not a come on or lure, bait or decoy, but a Talking Point to attract surpassing orders for much plainer working rifles that seems to be Rigby's market. Just how well done is this version of Rigby shows in the cap on rising bite orders. And that is as working rifle as comes I believe. Nobody compared this Rigby to Paso Robles or crapped on its business acumen, but discussed one rifle.

7 Freddies hunted around the lambing paddock but back to work for me too.

I remain, Sir, neither gentlemank nor pissant, but in the same tent celebrating what we all enjoy.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com