GABE93
(.275 member)
22/03/17 06:57 PM
Re: Something different - Rigby's "Elephant Gun"

NitroX,

I very much enjoyed seeing the images of this showpiece Rigby. I hope you keep posting images of any such rifles but also the plainer high quality rifles as there is something to learn from all of them.

Rigby and the engraver of the Elephant rifle have achieved a very high level of work. Rigby has to compete with various other makers building similar showpiece rifles and shotguns. The engraving is not to my personal taste but i still would have been proud to have worked on the stock. In the workshop i probably would have teased the crap out of the poor engraver, tapping away cutting all the little dots and lines for so many hours.

Does anyone here know or talk to any really wealthy gun enthusiasts?, so wealthy they can buy multiples of whatever they want. They live in a different world. The person that bought this rifle probably keeps an elephant as a pet. I would also imagine they have similar deluxe rifles from other makers.

NitroX, re the plainer working rifles, they still can be artistic, by selection of exceptional but conservative wood, stock shaping and exceptional quality checkering and other workmanship in the wood and metal.

Regards,
GABE93

Contact Us NitroExpress.com