Marrakai
(.416 member)
13/03/17 12:32 PM
Re: The Rigby Highland Stalker rifle

I particularly liked seeing the leather muzzle-cover on the stalking rifle in the promotional video, since I recently acquired from the previous owner that which came fitted to the Rigby .275 in my gunsafe. Sure looks better than a couple of wraps of insulation tape! (although it must be removed before shooting of course, that is not an issue with the style of deer-stalking portrayed in the youtube clip)

Also, in line with some of the comments here, I personally think 7.8 lbs may be a little heavier than it needs to be for the .275 chambering. What we like about these classic sporters is their slender elegance, and IMO Jeffery and Rigby sporters from the good'ol'days got it right at 6.5 to 7 lbs. My example weighs 6lbs 9oz for example, and my friend's Jeffery is a hair under 7lbs.

Nevertheless, the Highland Stalker is a marvellous thing to be producing and promoting at this level against the incoming tide of black plastic and stainless steel, and the people at Rigby's are to be commended.

A reminder too that your next custom stalker or big game rifle can be built 'virtually' and priced up on the Rigby website. I go there occasionally to dream....!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com