NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
08/03/17 01:53 PM
Re: The Rigby Highland Stalker rifle

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As for Scotland being the home of stalking, I bet the Austrians and the Germans would beg to differ as they have been stalking in the mountains with firearms and before that crossbows for hundreds of years. Even St.Hubert was a stalker and that was in the fifteen hundreds I believe.

Waidmannsheil.

You are right on Austrian and German stalking Tradition. But St. Hubertus lived a few years earlier, c. 656 - 727 AD.

but the stupidity continue
just look how swarovski smarm in this new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGcAqXMRios

I dont want to offend the brave scots but what will the tyrolean hunter thinking when they look down deep in the Inn valley on the swarovski factory from the surrounding moutains playing in another class than scotish highland's?

Off topic post. But I know what I would be thinking if I was that gamekeeper:

"Stopping playing with your ffffing toy scope and just take the ffffing shot."

As the stag walks a few steps, the client has to play with the magnification ring. He has to push the illumination button several times. Then finally push the adjustment button for the range.

Anyone else notice how HIGH above the stag the cross hairs move? That is no 300 yard or less shot. No edge of the back shot. It is sa full half body holdover.

Perhaps they should stalk a little closer ...

But all that fiddling. I have taken 'continental' visitors out hunting, and the amount of fiddling with binoculars, mobile phones, scopes, by the time they raise their rifle for a shot, the deer is well and truly running away or gone. Stalking is not sitting sipping coffee in a sleeping bag suit in a hachsitz ...

Those plastic stocked plastic component rifles over electronically engineered fiddly scopes are becoming the norm. What Rigby is offering with some modification is what existed 100 years ago, because many people still prefer that.

PS I am always amazed at how stunted Scottish red deer appear to be. I wuld very much like to hunt there one day. But I would take most of those deer as a cull or for meat, not an expensive costing trophy.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com