paradox_
(.375 member)
06/03/17 01:57 PM
Re: The Rigby Highland Stalker rifle

I had the pleasure late last year of spending a few hours in the Rigby Shop, along with a handful of other Aussies.
I got to handle the Corbet Rifle, amongst a few others.
What struck me was the small close nit team of people who were enthusiastic and happy about their work. It is of a high standard.

My personal preference was for them to duplicate in EVERY way the now very famous , sought after vintage Rigbys.
But im a romantic, and dont take much pleasure from modern " Engineers" Rifles.
So it is easy for me to say.....just duplicate the old ones"

However Rigby is a Business and the accountants have a say in how it is run, the marketing team have a say in what the market will stand in terms of price.
I do not like the mounts. However they help keep the price at a level that is sensible and competitive, and as a result comprimises need to be made....at least in the eyes of us purists.
If we wnat a bespoke duplicate then Im sure Marc can organise it.....just dont expect it for the same price.

Dorleac is correct in respect to the comments concerning mounting systems. That Rigby( vintage) is a lovely rifle with correct vintage mounts and scope. I have a set on a 1903 Mannlicher that has been through the Holland shop and there are non finer......but they are expensive to make and fit correctly.
Old Glass, sorry I think you are out voted.

Marc, when are you going chamber/ and rebirth the great 350??. They will sell like hot cakes, Im sure.

Over all the " New Rigby" is a good rifle with good provenance, and good value for money. Queenslanders they are arriving here soon!!

Best
Eric

Contact Us NitroExpress.com