NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
31/01/17 07:48 PM
Re: Mauser m96

Quote:

I managed to acquire in late 2015 a Mauser 96 manufactured for Sweden at Oberndorf-Am-Neckar; this military rifle in 6,5x55 was part of the first batch of 40,000 rifles produced in Germany before production was transferred to Sweden. The action, in pristine condition, is marked "Waffen Fabrik Mauser Oberndorf A/N 1899" on the front; to the contrary the bore is in poor shape and the barrel will have to be removed. The plan is to have the action used for building in 2017 a classic light mountain stutzen rifle, most probably in 6,5x55 , 6,5x57 or 7x57. More pictures to follow, but probably not before 2018 as this project will be a long shot!
Louis

Cool project.

I have an ex-mil M96 wearing some plastic stock and cut off military barrel. Nothing special but very accurate. Primarily as a loaner rifle for any guests.

I also have a walnit partly finished stock for it, moght even be cherry wood, I forget (?). A stutzen would be a cool idea. However for me, I would hang out for an original M-S stutzen if I ever source one.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com