szihn
(.400 member)
14/12/16 10:24 AM
Re: 9.3 barrels?

Thanks 9.3X64, that's the kind of info I am looking for. I truly wish you had kept record of the 320 grain bullets and their groups size, but I am sure other readers here have some information for me. The 9.3 is a very popular caliber in many places, but not all that popular in the USA Not yet anyway.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Daryl, these blanks will be just that.....blanks. No taper, no threads. 25" and maybe 27" long, 1.200 in diameter.

This is the kind of barrels many gunsmiths often like because they can make anything they want from them, and these barrels are what I like to buy because I get a lot of call for restorations. The new "modern" contours are often not the same as what we see on guns of 75 to 100 years old. From a blank I can do anything I need to do.

It does mean that turning and contouring are necessary, but if someone doesn't want to do that (or cannot do it) they can buy Pac-Nor or Shilen. One man e-mailed me and said Douglas will do a 1-10" twist, but I have not been able to verify that.

If I get a lot of mail from men shooting 9.3X74Rs and 9.3X62s with the 1-12 twist and they all tell me that the 320s shoot fine I may rethink the order and tell them to cut them 1-12" Maybe not though.....my #1 Ruger is 1-10" and I can't see any down-side to the faster twist.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com