Ripp
(.577 member)
02/12/16 01:19 PM
Re: American .323" bullets

[
I read the article and I think it was very good. In fact about all the info was exactly as I would have guessed. I did notice that the Nosler Partition penetrated 3" DEEPER then the Swift A-Frame at 50 yards, and was 3.5" less in penitration at 200. I knew the 2 would be close.-(quote)

Did you also notice the weight retention was 98% for the A-Frame and 68% for the Partition???
As to the second target, its actually 400 yards not 200...My thoughts are, even if you shoot a slower rifle, the velocities and retention should show how the respective bullets would perform at those reduced velocities...

As to old, if you think you are old, you may very well be..if you keep fit, work out a bunch and keep your head in the game, 60 is not old..hell I went mtn biking this fall with a guy that was 80...and he was kicking butt...

Every physician and study I see, being active and engaging means a ton to being young...Not to sound like a whatever, but I still do Jiu-jitsu/Muay Thai training at least 4 days a week along with lifting weights at least 4..The young crowd--30-45 have a very hard time when we roll in Jiu-jitsu..which makes me feel very proud for "staying in the game"... I plan to do a bunch more mtn hunting around the planet..the ONLY WAY I will be able to do this is if I keep doing what I am doing or more....

Good debate Steve..thank you for humoring me..appreciate it

Happy Holidays

Art

Contact Us NitroExpress.com