Ripp
(.577 member)
02/12/16 11:13 AM
Re: American .323" bullets

[quote
Anyway, I am old ------ and rambling now... so I leave it to you again.
(quote)

YOU are not that old..in fact you are, I believe only a couple years older than me..

As to tests..I think the one shown below is about as good as it gets..that and as you suggest, talking to many PH's in Africa and other areas that have used various bullets...

Bullet comparison test:
http://www.rifleshootermag.com/ammo/ballistics-test-best-300-win-mag-loads-market/

All the bullets are subjected to the exact same criteria..not based on a manufacturers self promotional bs, bullets are tested at 50 and 400 yards for penetration and weight retention, with the exact same medium for the test..cant get more fair than that...

Personally I feel the Partition was way ahead of its time when it was introduced..not saying its a bad bullet..just not as good as the new Swifts

Technology changes things..I believe in the case of the Swift vs the Partition, Swift has built a better mousetrap, especially in the applications I use it for. The thicker jacket and bonding allows the A-Frame to hold together better and as such they hammer game up to and beyond buffalo. Doesn't matter if the shots are at close range and high velocity or longer range, the penetration is remarkable..with a perfect mushroom and 90+ % weight retention..

So as we are both pretty set on what we want to use, how about you keep using the partition and I will keep using the A-Frame..we can post pics and discuss this all over again???

As to the pointy stick, 2 date I have taken 3 pronghorn antelope, 11 elk and 34 Whitetail...
along with numerous gophers, P-dogs, a few grouse and an occasional rabbit or two...

I haven't been getting out around my home area like I used to..Plan to change that for 2017..I am NOT going anywhere other than were I live during hunting season next year..miss it here..or I might be in Wyoming as I have 20 preference points for both moose and big horn sheep down there...up to this point been buying the points each year..maybe this is the year I should apply..

Any recommendations you might have for area and outfitter would be appreciated..

Have a great day..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com