Ripp
(.577 member)
01/12/16 02:50 AM
Re: American .323" bullets

Steve,

The reason I assumed 130/140 gr is you and I had a discussion once on the .270 vs 6.5 and at that time we were comparing various weights at 130-150 gr in both..so, my bad...

The fact is if I go heavy for caliber bullets in the 26 or 28 the velocities will be very similar again to the 270WSM, which by the way, I AM a fan of ..think the 270WSM is the best of the ones Winchester come out with as to the short mag series..with the larger case capacity you can basically shoot a broader range of bullets at a broader range of velociites.. I find no fault in that..

As to distance, I shoot when I can shoot and feel confident in my shot..and make no apologies to anyone for that.. If I can get closer I will, but, if like my last hunt in Kyryzstan, a shot presents it self and conditions are right, I have no issue taking a 534 yard shot across the canyon..all comes with practice and confidence..if others feel they don't have either, I am ok with that as well..each to their own...I am pretty much shit-full of that argument of the "Holier-Than-Thou" crowd..but that is just me..

Back to the original discussion, again, don't care what velocities you shoot at, the Swifts are better bullets, period. Cost more, maybe, but cost is a relative term..at the end of the day, the extra $20 for a "maybe" bullet versus a "for sure" bullet..I will take the latter..

Have a great day...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com