Ripp
(.577 member)
01/12/16 01:22 AM
Re: American .323" bullets

Steve
IF you are shooting reloads in the 270WSM you state you have, the 130gr loads run, per the NOSLER manual 33-3400fps...http://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/270-winchester-short-magnum-wsm/

That is basically the same velocity the 26 and 28 Noslers are using for their respective "optimum bullet weights"...the 130's and 140's I am shooting out of my 26Nosler is 3300-3400fps ---the 160's out of my 28Nolser is similar at 3300...AND in my 300RUM, I shoot heavy for caliber in that as I am normally shooting bigger elk/eland/zebra sized game, prefer 200gr Swift A-Frames...which is closer to 3150fps...so, the comment you have no use for the high velocity mags..you are already shooting one...hence the name, Winchester Short Mag.

As to the Partition, they are a 60% bullet just as the Accubond is claimed to be..again, in my experience which includes shooting 100's of head of game around the planet, the "Holy Grail Partition" does not come close to holding up like a A-Frame or Scirocco for that matter once over 3100fps...Jackets on both are thicker in addition to the Swifts being a bonded bullet. The Accubond is as well, but has a very thin jacket..

I know its not a large number, but just in Africa alone I have harvested over 70 head of plains game..have used the Swifts in 98% of the time with no failures what so ever..and 99% of the time, one shot kills...so, I am sticking with what I know..

Based on what you have described shooting with the standard 270Winchester, you will like the Accubonds..

Thx

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com