szihn
(.400 member)
30/11/16 01:31 PM
Re: American .323" bullets

I have also used Swift bullet zeroing a few custom rifles I have made for customers, but I have never used one on game. They seem to be a very good product, but far too expensive for me to use myself. Those customers who asked for the rifles to be set up with Swift A-Frames have more money than I do.

In every case so far but 1, I have gotten good exits from Nosler Partition bullets on all game I have shot with them. Partitions are also expensive, but about 1/2 the cost of the Swifts A-Frame bullets, and I am getting fantastically quick kills, so I see no real reason to switch to Swift. The only Nosler Partition I have ever recovered was from a 270 I killed an elk with last season at about 400 yards. That bullet went through about 44" of the elk, length wise, and I found it under the skin of the neck on the other side. It was a 160 gr .277 and it still weighs 129 gr after that much penetration of a big elk, so I have no complaints.

I have also seen very good results from the expanding solid bullets like Barnes X and Hornady GMX.

Not to mention all the excellent bonded core bullets that are now offered by Nosler and Hornady.

So again, I can't see any reason to buy Swift.
They are pricing themselves out of the reach (or justification) of MOST American shooters and hunters.

Excellent bullets, but not good marketing policies or leadership.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com