Rule303
(.450 member)
13/10/16 06:27 PM
Re: American .323" bullets

Quote:

If you look into using Woodleigh PPSN's or the RNSP make sure you pay strict attention to Woodleigh's recommended impact velocities. These bullets are not designed to be pushed hard and results will be compromised if done so. They are however quite good when used correctly and velocities are kept to a sensible level, and I even believe the stated impact velocities may be a tad high. And yes I do use them and like them.

No, not correct at all. Take their 358 cal projectiles. They are good for at least 200fps faster hit then recommended. How do I know. First had experience with them Red deer at 6yards hit with 3 225 grn PP Woodies. Recommended max 2600, impact speed 2800, all penciled straight through, all heart shots. Yes, no bones where hit. Sambar at 25yards 250grn RN, recommended max impact 2500, impact velocity 2700fps. Around 90% weight retention. broke 3 ribs on entry and off side shoulder. I use them and swear by them but use the round nose. I will make sure I hit bone if using PP. Normally Bruce is fairly good with his information just a bit out with his 358's. Not complaining as I will use them in my 358RUM. His other calibres recommendations might be closer the mark but I doubt an addition 100fps will make much difference to them.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com