NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/03/16 10:22 PM
Re: Mauser M03 barrels and accessories?

BUT I sold the .30-06 barrel to a member wanting a barrel before the lengthy time it takes to get one from Germany, six months or so.

I had some interest in acquiring a 9.3x62 barrel for my rifle. Either in a standard configuration, or the "African" configuration??? The standard barrels have crappy (IMO) rear sights with a small notch to aim with. The African barrels are heavier but also have a wide V rear sight. Plus a banded muzzle. The other "small" issue is the African barrels are close to twice the price and not cheap by any standard ...

I think in a 9.3 mm a good set of open sights would be an advantage. Even giving consideration that a scope would usually be used. The added price would hurt ...

The second point or question, is if spending that much, why not a .375 H&H barrel instead of a 9.3x62??? Everything the 9.3 can do can be done better with a .375 ... and more. A bit more recoil.

I already have a .375 H&H in a Whitworth M98 so do I want another one? Perhaps a 9.3x62 would be cool.

Decisions, decisions ...

Perhaps some comments would help.

(bear in mind, I may just keep the $$$ instead so don't expect my procrastination to finish quickly .... )

Contact Us NitroExpress.com